The West Virginia Virtual Learning Network (WVVLN) is the distance education consortium of the public state colleges and universities of West Virginia. The primary mission of WVVLN is to provide West Virginia citizens access to educational programs from the state's institutions of higher education by 100% online education technologies. Students may search for programs, courses,
The West Virginia Virtual Learning Network (WVVLN) is the coordination hub for distance learning in West Virginia. Our mission is to coordinate and promote educational access to the citizens of West Virginia and the world.
- Provide access to learners regardless of location or time
- Serve as West Virginia’s preferred guide to programming and providers of distance education.
- Be proactive in identifying learner needs and match those needs to appropriate providers.
- Promote collaboration among West Virginia colleges and universities to develop and/or deliver programming that is aligned with institutional mission and addresses state needs through shared resources and delivery.
- Demonstrate educational excellence through instructional technologies.
- Increase course and program participation through degree options for nontraditional adult learners, building from the Associate of Arts degree in General/Liberal Studies through the Regents Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Improve and expand upon the transfer/articulation agreement among WV HEPC institutions.
- Central Coordination
- To be the repository of distance education statistics for West Virginia Higher Education. This includes management of the WVVLN database of courses and facilitation of all appropriate data or monitoring reports.
- Promote WVVLN courses and programs through the WVVLN web site with accurate and timely information on course listings, student services, partner institutions and all other appropriate information.
- Facilitate communication among institutions, with the WVHEPC and external constituents.